Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Trish Leads Women's Retreat


“She washed my feet with her hair and her tears.” Jesus can say that of the woman in Luke 7, but I can also say it of my wife, Trish.

In May, Trish and a friend named Jodi, led a women’s retreat for the ladies of Bible Centered Fellowship. The theme was Behold the Lamb. Trish asked me to come and take pictures. When I got there, I discovered that she wanted to tell the story of the woman washing Jesus feet and act it out with me sitting in for Jesus. It was a very moving experience. I really just wanted her to get up and stop. I felt so unworthy, yet at the same time really loved. They followed up this story by washing the ladies feet.

The ladies really enjoyed the participative discussions. They said they’d never experienced a retreat like that.

No comments: